[pct-l] Women's clothing

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Sun May 8 10:42:15 CDT 2016

My list
*Big hat-Stiff with extra wide brim
*long sleeved shirt-SPF 30 with vent zippers
*Long pants with zip off legs
*fingerless fleece gloves with convertible mitten cover--
*Two capilene long sleeved tops
*capilene long underwear bottoms
*Fleece long sleeved top(only take that in fall and spring)had it for 30 years bought it for $25 at an outdoor clothes outlet
*Underwear for 5 days
 *2 sportsbras
*Lone Peak zero drop shoes
*Frogg Toggs--rain gear,cheap($25-40 tops and bottoms)they last at least 1500 miles. In Oregon you won't run into much that will tear them. They aren't great if you have to bushwack. I use these as my warm gear with layers underneath in the morning.  Hate being cold when I start to hike usually I've got everything off down to shirt and zip off shorts in 30 minutes.
*Toe socks --Injinin ,means I never get blisters --3-5 pairs.  In cold weather I take one pair of wool socks.
*DirtyGirl gaiters--keeps the scree out of your shoes
*Mosquito shirt--if appropriate--it will be in Oregon
A couple of bandanas-
Town clothes--nylon running shorts and nylon top --weigh a few ounces it's what I put on while my other clothes are in the wash
Sometimes I have had to buy this stuff new from outdoors stores REI,A-16,MEC. After thousands of miles things wear out but mostly I find them brand new at second hand stores or on sale at the outfitter. I'm so small that I fit into kids clothes--they're cheaper.
I wear the same thing every day. Yeah I smell--we all do. When get to town and the laundry I wash my socks first in a sink then put them in the machine. This is  a dry trail the socks get lots of ground in dirt.
Your resupply spots have laundry machines. Or you can wash in motel sinks. Please don't use sinks in public places to wash your stuff. We've had lots of problems with hikers doing that and pissing off the locals. It's not polite to misuse the town people. I've washed my clothes in showers while I washed myself. I think that's ok.
*Mazama
*Cascade Summit(it's the lake it has two names can't remember the other one)
*Big Lake  - they do it for you
All have laundry facilities
Those places will get you through Oregon,depending on your mileage. You can stop at more places than that.
I used to wash clothes a lot in the back country and always had stuff drying on my pack. Then I got sick of it. I wear my socks and underwear twice and toss them in the bottom of my pack under the trash bag liner so everything doesn't smell.
Public driers are hot. Be aware that they can burn,melt or shrink your clothes. This stuff is made of artificial material. Fleece shrinks. I've shared washers with other hikers cause I have so little to wash. All your stuff looks alike maybe pin your socks together if you share. I always carry a couple of big safety pins for emergency use.
Marmot

Sent from my iPhone