[pct-l] Trout Lake to White Pass WA

Joe Waters joewwaters at earthlink.net
Fri May 6 14:54:13 CDT 2016

Sabrina,

I concur with Jennifer in suggesting this part of the PCT - it is great.   I did it twice, once 27-30 July 2012, and again 18-23 Aug 2014.

In 27-30 July 2012 the portions around Mt Adams and over Cispus Pass were completely snow-covered and GPS was essential (for me) to stay on trail.  Having an ice axe, and knowing how to use it, were essential (for me) to feel safe.  The Knife Edge was free of snow.

In 18-23 Aug 2014 there was essentially no snow anywhere on the trail through here, except for an easily-crossable field near Packwood Glacier just south of the Knife Edge.  An ice axe was not needed (although I carried one).  Weather was great for both my trips.

Some photos are available by clicking on the icons “PCT Miles 2238-2308” at http://www.flickr.com/photos/45912277@N03/collections/72157623540968988/ <http://www.flickr.com/photos/45912277@N03/collections/72157623540968988/>.   If you look at them note that the PCT miles stated in the figure captions are from pre-2015 Halfmile maps - and are few miles off from the 2015 and later Halfmile maps.  But other info in the caption should enable to identify where most were taken.

- Blue Feather