[pct-l] PCT hiker bitten by a rattlesnake

Luce Cruz lucecruz13 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 15:45:27 CDT 2016

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Jerry's gmail <geraldbking at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's a phenomenal response time!
> Could he have had a text capable DeLorme whereby they knew the nature of
> the injury. Typical "Spot" notifications can take several hours for a helo
> response.
> Or did they supplement with a follow up cell phone call?

Total assumptions on my part:

The DeLorme satellite communicators are text capable, at least any that I
have seen that aren't strictly for asset tracking are.

I went to DeLorme because of the very limited ability of the SPOT products
and the ability to actually converse on the DeLorme products, although I
never had  SPOT product fail on me.

Maybe, but if they were in cell range, why use the DeLorme product when you
could just call 911?

--
Luce Cruz