[pct-l] Plantar Faciitis

Paint YW paintyourwagonhikes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 22:42:21 CDT 2016

It's been so long since I've posted something- I've lost the hang of how to
do it. I just wanted to chime in on something near and dear to my heart-
and that is the indescribable feeling of foot pain. In particular: plantar
faciitis.

Once upon a time I worked in a nuclear power plant, and I got away with
wearing 3 eyelet loafers, as opposed to work boots. Fast forward one year
after working solely on concrete surfaces, and my feet were barking. Turns
out I had a classic case of plantar faciitis.

I saw a podiatrist, had my feet measured by a molding process, and received
fiberglass orthotics, which over time relieved my pain by providing an
artificial arch to both of my feet.

Years later I worked overseas, eventually demobilizing, leaving my
orthotics behind in error.

Eventually the foot pain returned- on the trail, and I found a pair of
$15.00 "orthotics" in a pharmacy, that velcroed around my feet, giving me
the relief that previously a set of $400.00 molded fiberglass custom arch
supports had given me.

My recommendation: get some $15.00 pharmacy arch supports. Try that for a
couple of weeks. If that doesn't help- take it up a notch and see a
podiatrist, and get the good stuff. Custom molded fiberglass arch
supports/plantar faciitis orthotics. Boom- done.

All the best,

Paint