[pct-l] Dog Health Incidents and Prevention

sdscpcts sdscpcts at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 21:24:24 CDT 2016

Last summer I helped a SOBO hiker get a ride down the mountain from the horse trailhead near Government meadows. His dog wouldn't wear dog boots and his feet were giving him trouble. So his owner was taking him to a friend to care for him while he hiked the trail.
          Rob

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A-------- Original message --------From: Luce Cruz <lucecruz13 at gmail.com> Date: 03/13/2016  9:44 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: pct-l at backcountry.net Subject: [pct-l] Dog Health Incidents and Prevention
I would like to hear about actual canine health and safety incidents on
long walking trips.

The opposite of health and safety problems would be nice to hear, too!

I don't believe that "I don't think that is a good idea" is very useful.
There will be people taking their dog(s) with them on the PCT and other
trails this season. It would be better to give them some solid info about
what to expect based on experience than to just call what they want to do a
"death march".

Lots of animals have proven to be tougher, better able to withstand hard
work, and more adaptive than some people think. And sometimes, they are
better at those things than some people.
--
Luce Cruz