[pct-l] easter weekend hikes

David Hough on pct-l pcnst2001 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 20 17:53:43 CDT 2016

I've been thinking about not-too-snowy and not-too-washed-out early season hikes for next weekend,
on the Bay Area side of LA, meaning hwy 138 north to Kennedy Meadows.

The PCTA website has a horror picture show of washouts in Tylerhorse Canyon so I probably won't try
from Tehachapi Pass to Cottonwood Creek bridge, where I stopped last time.

I also read about problems on the access
roads between Walker Pass and Tehachapi Pass.

So I was thinking about Kennedy Meadows to Walker Pass.     I can't find any horror shows about
that area, and it's usually pretty dry so I am not too worried about snow even though it tops out at
8000'.

I'd appreciate any late breaking news about these areas.    I think the main winter storm damage
should mostly be done, and the weather forecast looks good for the next week.