[pct-l] SoCal Rain

Sean Nordeen sean.nordeen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 17:24:20 CST 2016

I hope there aren't any early starters out on the PCT this year.  The past
couple of years, I've been seeing thru-hikers starting in March and they
have been getting away with it for the most part.  However, it's not a good
idea this year.

Though February was pretty dry for SoCal and seemed like El NoShow, March
has been another matter.  We have been seeing a series of storms and that
pattern looks to continue another 1.5 to 2 weeks.  The downpour that just
started at my workplace has quickly flooded part of the parking lot with a
strong wind gusting that would have an umbrella user doing a Mary Poppins.
It really makes me glad I'm not out hiking in it; just running from my car
was bad enough.  I'm suppose to head out next week for an attempt at the
400 mile Condor Trail along the coastal ranges, and this has me
reconsidering my plans.

-Miner