[pct-l] Rain Pants

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Wed Mar 9 15:53:58 CST 2016

Kailin,
I recommend silnylon rainpants if you can find them. Very light (though not as light as cuben), but a whole lot cheaper. I used a pair on the AT in '06 and still have them. I've had to patch a few places, but they're still serviceable. Mine were ordered from dancinglightgear.com, which unfortunately went out of business. Brawny (the lady half of the company) is still around, I think. Perhaps in the Seattle area. Maybe you could track her down to see if she would make you a pair.

Another option is to buy some silnylon fabric ( there are several online vendors) and make a pair yourself. If you can borrow someone else's rain pants to use as a pattern, this could work. Assuming you have a sewing machine and can use it.

Good luck,
Mango