[pct-l] Disposing of Permithrin ///Re: Pct-L Digest, Vol 99, Issue 1

jcil000-hiker at yahoo.com jcil000-hiker at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 12:33:19 CST 2016

"There are ways of disposing of chemicals at home.  Not trying to be disrespectful here.  Just a polite suggestion.
Tom Brokaw"
I didn't see a suggestion, Tom. I saw a comment. Whats your solution other thanwhat the manufacturer label instructs consumers to do?
I don't have a bottle to look at for the moment, so I can't quote the label. By the way,I loved the tip about buying the product as an animal care product. Maybe cheaper.
So I looked up the mandatory Federal label and it states that disposal is in household trash. However,years ago, the State of California was requiring chemical containers (not all inclusive) to be "triple rinsed with tap water" and then the container was okay to dispose of in householdtrash. But that triple rinsed water was going down the drain. Those regs have no doubt changed.And I do recall that chemicals far worse that permethrin were involved. I was aware of thatprocedure because the local county agency was doing that & my best friend worked for them.
https://www.duluthtrading.com/media/images/msds/86021_msds.pdf