[pct-l] Suggested power supply for charging iphone

Scott Diamond scott.diamond.mail at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:13:31 CDT 2016

Great advice. Minor correction, the link for solar appears to be:

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-portable-solar-battery-pack/

Other, fairly obvious advice:

   - if your iPhone is old, consider replacing your battery (typically $50)
   - Put iPhone in airplane mode (I think everyone knows this)
   - Always keep iPhone battery in low power mode (under settings/battery)
   - Keep display brightness way down (a pain but necessary)
   - Kill all apps after you use them every time (especially GPS)

Doing the above, I used my iPhone for pictures and Apps (i.e. Halfmile and
Guthook). Typically I could eek out 2-3 days of use from a single charge.

I carried an Anker 5,200 mAh battery and recharged in hotels about once a
week.

      -Scott

  -Scott