[pct-l] Looking for hiking partners in Oregon in August

Susan Pease susanpease59 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 09:51:29 CDT 2016

I'm starting my hike at Crater Lake on August 1.

The Trail Sections and mileages are taken from the Semb Book *Day Hikes on
the Pacific Crest Trail - Oregon and Washington*,

July 30 & 31 - travel days (for us in San Diego)

Aug 1 - C6: 8.4 miles
Aug 2 - C7: 8.8 miles

Oregon Section C ends at Highway 138 near Cascade Crest

Aug 3-5 - D1-D3: 30.4 mile backpack

Aug 6 - Zero Day

Aug 7-8:  2 choices for these dayhikes.  If we stay on the PCT it's D4:
12.7 miles D5: 18.2 miles.  Other choice is to take the Oregon Skyline
Trail - 9.4 miles then 14.5 miles.

Oregon Section D ends at Highway 58 near Willamette Pass

Aug 9 - E1: 17.2 miles
Aug 10 - E2: 5 miles, the rest of the day is a zero day.
Aug 11 - E3: 23.2 miles
Aug 12-14: E4-E6: 32.3 miles, 3 day backpack

Oregon Section E ends at Highway 242 near McKenzie Pass

Aug 15 - zero day

Aug 16 - F1: 17.1 miles
Aug 17 - F2: 17.9 miles (14.4 PCT miles the rest is access to PCT)
Aug 18 - F3: 19.8 miles (14.5 PCT miles)
Aug 19 - F4: 19.2 miles  (17.4 PCT miles)
Oregon Section F ends at Highway 35 at Barlow Pass, however I only have
time to do 4 days which ends at FR4220 near Olallie Guard Station.

Let me know if you want to join me for any part of this plan.  Thanks.

Shooting Star