[pct-l] Bill Person of Pooh Corner has passed away

Sean Nordeen sean.nordeen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 11:40:12 CDT 2016

I stayed overnight at Pooh's Corner on July 23, 2009.  As we were behind
the main herd (which was much smaller then), it was just a small but
pleasant group staying.  The food was excellent; especially the brownies
and ice cream!  We had fun with the climbing wall.  One guy was able to get
a ride to REI the next morning thanks to him.

When I heard he shut down hosting, I was saddened that we lost another
great trail angel that had contributed in a meaningful way to my hike.  In
fact, of the trail angeles I stayed with that year, only the Dinsmore's
still do it.

Bill will be missed.

-Miner