[pct-l] Exiting at Harts Pass

Lucky Man luckymanhikes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 22:11:51 CDT 2016

I'm in Trout Lake hiking the Washington section of the PCT. I don't have a
passport (originally planned this chunk for next year) and am hoping I can
backtrack 30 miles from the border to Harts Pass rather than 60 miles to
Rainy Pass. How hard is it typically to hitch a ride from Harts? Usfs
website says the road is open.
Also, what's the best way to get from the Burlington-Mount Vernon area to
Seattle and Seatac?
Good news: Despite last year's fires in Washington, SOBOers say the trail
is open and mostly in good shape, thanks to some hardworking trail crews,
who are much appreciated.