[pct-l] Charging in town

Luce Cruz lucecruz13 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 14:00:32 CST 2016

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Matthew Edwards <iceaxehikes at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Just a word to the wise: always ask first.
> -iceaxe

Absolutely. To not ask before plugging into someone's power outlet is theft
unless you have permission. Same with taking water.

Guidebooks could contain errors when published. Word of mouth could be old
or incorrect.

If it's clearly offered for free use, that is obviously a whole other thing.

Just because others are doing it does not make it right.

I'm camped out on BLM land right now. Some folks on one end of the area
released some chinese lanterns. Before the BLM folks could get over there
to talk to them, some folks close to me released one. The BLM officers
quickly went over to them likely because they were closer and the officers
saw them release the lantern. I could hear the folks shouting "Well, those
folks over there did it!". I'm sure the officers got enough info from those
folks to identify them properly and also ran down the rules about fire,
fireworks, and the like.

If you don't know whose it is, ask. If it isn't yours, maybe better to
leave it alone. Just because you saw others doing it doesn't mean you have
the same permission they did, if they had it at all.

If you think I am in error with this email, please go read some of the
things Andrea Dinsmore has written lately about folks taking advantage of
her kindness and hospitality.
--
Luce Cruz