[pct-l] solar charger

Drew Smith jdrewsmith at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 10:45:28 CST 2016

I've used solar chargers with adequate results on the first 650 miles of
the PCT, where the conditions are most favorable. But I've switched to
lithium rechargeable batteries as a power source. They have gotten much
lighter and cheaper. For about $20 and 6 oz, you can get a ~5K mAh battery
good for 2.5 iPhone charges. That easily lasts me a week. The Anker
products seem to be a pretty good value.