[pct-l] Flip-Flop Start

Scott Diamond scott.diamond.mail at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 10:24:27 CST 2016

I'm excited about the snow we have this yea.r I think it will make the PCT
more of an adventure. But I was thinking I'd start mid-April and that may
necessitate a flip-flop. My next thought  was that maybe I should just
start off with a flip-flop? That is start my hiking somewhere north of Lake
Tahoe.  My thought was that doing so I could avoid some of the large pack
leaving from the Mexican border and have a better overall hiking
experience.

So I have two questions for the wisdom of the list:

   - If I start North of Tahoe in Mid-April where would be a good place to
   start?
   - I don't want to hike in 110 degree desert heat so when is the latest
   folks would recommend for flipping back to the border?

Maybe this plan isn't practical at all?

Thanks in advance,

       -Scott