[pct-l] Insects and methods

DayLate07 . dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 17:03:42 CST 2016

 I do the same as below for the same reasons, I just don't like the feel
of deet on my skin.

I sent Permethrin in my resupply at Kennedy Meadows along with deet bug
spray and treated my clothes there.  Worked okay but my pants didn't seem
to hold the effectiveness of the permethrin very long, I suspect because
of all the stream crossings and them being wetted so often.

Because I spray my clothes with deet and don't rub it on my skin I find
that the aerosol cans of bug spray work better for me.  These are
considerably heavier then the pump sprays but well worth the extra weight
to me.

I carried my head net the whole way as it weighed darn close to zero.

I probably carried bug spray from KM to Cascade Locks as by that time the
mossies were dying off. I don't remember having many issues with them in
Washington. YMMV

Day-Late