[pct-l] Getting Lost

Mikayla Nichols mikaylanichols at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 11:50:20 CST 2016

Thank you everyone for so much positive feed back!

I'm glad to hear that most of the time the trail is easy to follow and that
most off-course happenings are due to socializing or just more simply not
paying attention. It's also good to know that it will become apparent when
I'm off trail and no longer see the markings of many travelers. I'm glad
the maps still work without cell service and I have downloaded the app to
become familiar with it. I didn't know that it would also direct me back to
the trail, that is great to know!

Also Tom, that is a really good idea, I'll look into what REI has to offer
as well as the Staying Found book. I know I should not rely entirely on
technology that might break, so I will also have paper maps and knowing how
to read them is the only way they will be of help.

--
Mikayla Nichols