[pct-l] Getting lost

Mikayla Nichols mikaylanichols at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 01:47:09 CST 2016

So I'll be upfront and honest. I have next to zero sense of direction. I'm
22 and get lost in my own city. That's 22 years ive lived in Seattle. I
have my own personal reasons for wanting to do the PCT, self discovery and
stuff... But how hard is the trail to navigate? I have the maps. But I can
get lost with a GPS telling me what to do and reading a map has never been
a strong point with me. I'm planning to do the hike next year if I don't
get accepted into grad school. Other wise I'll put it off for about four
years. I've read lots of blogs about people realizing they were two miles
off from the actual trail or were just heading back the way they came on
accident because they got turned around. Does this happen a lot?

--
Mikayla