[pct-l] Starting mileage

Ellen Shopes igellenig at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 14:52:17 CST 2016

Well, kind of hard to say.  If you can log decent miles before you start
(talking daily 10 miles with a pack), then you should be able to adjust
pretty quickly.  My husband and I were much older than you and we're easily
able to manage 15-20 a day from the beginning.  Then upped it to 20+miles a
day after about 3 weeks.
But...who knows what will happen out there?  Just get in as much training
as you can, then hike what feels OK.  Listen to your body and it will tell
you when to walk, when to take a rest day, etc.  Enjoy the experience!
No Butt