[pct-l] Starting mileage?

Christopher Reed christopher.reed.kihoku at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 17:18:25 CST 2016

  Hello everyone,

  I'm sure this has been answered a hundred times before, and of course,
everyone is different, but what kind of mileage/speed do people usually
start off with to insure less chance of injury? My wife and I are in decent
base condition, but obviously that's not much compared to a thru-hiker 2
months down the trail. Furthermore, we're 35, so while not up there by any
means, we're not spring chickens anymore, either. We run frequently and do
long walks in the city, but we have no access to mountains or real
elevation; the best we can do is go up and down the steepest hills in the
city over and over.
  Any thoughts and advice would be greatly welcome!

Chris