[pct-l] Desert Hiking Advice

Robert robwid at comcast.net
Tue Feb 16 20:57:54 CST 2016

Hello hikers,
I'm looking for advice/comments/thoughts on a hike I'm planning. My wife and I live in Portland and have been section hiking the PCT in the northwest for 30 years. In the summer of 2012 we hiked all of Oregon which was so incredible it left us wanting more. We'd like to have a chance at hiking the entire trail before it's too late for us. One area where we lack any experience is in desert hiking. In preparation for our 'someday thru-hike' we'd like to get a taste of the desert PCT. I was looking at the section from Campo to Warner Springs mainly because the logistics look pretty straightforward. And, we have some flexibility in picking a date so we'd like to avoid 'the herd'. I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts or suggestions you might have.

Thanks in advance,
Rob