[pct-l] Sierra Food Strategy

Randy Godfrey randy3833 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 13 19:21:29 CST 2016

Hey Kurt,
I've been wrestling with that same dilemma, and finally decided to resupply in Independence, hiking out over Kearsarge Pass. I may actually take a bus from there to Bishop for a zero.
My sweetie hiked the JMT this past summer with a friend, saying that Kearsarge Pass was amazing and that the hike in and out to the Onion Valley trailhead wasn't bad. They were somehow able to arrange a ride into Independence ahead of time.

Anyway, that's my plan. It will allow for some flexibility in my trail days and less food in my pack and canister.
Randy