[pct-l] Headlamp

Herb Stroh HStroh at sjmslaw.com
Wed Feb 3 14:20:46 CST 2016

One think to keep in mind when hiking with a headlamp as your only light source is that there is no relief (i.e. no shadow) because your eyes and the light are at the same angle. Without shadow everything looks flat, and distinguishing objects becomes more difficult. If I plan to night hike any distance I attach the headlamp to my pack strap at chest height. This allows me to retain the hands-free benefit of a headlamp and see obstacles on the trail better.

Herb