[pct-l] Lightweight Quilt

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 9 10:27:11 CST 2016

Hi Diet Plan
I would like the info about how you did this. I don't use down either. At the moment I'm thinking about the Mountainsmith Ultralamina. I'm small (5'2") so in the past have used a child's bag. They tend to be only up to 5ft.  I sleep cold and am looking for the lightest 15• bag synthetic I can find. If any one else has any ideas please let me know.
On a different subject. Check out a website for Molly Schiot. She has an Instagram site that celebrates women athletes. She is the author of "Game Changers",a book about sometimes forgotten women athletes.  This is especially important because in the latest PCT book ,once again, a lot of the women got left out. Especially important to me,the women of '76 were forgotten. Carolyn Burkhart(Ravensong -first woman that we know of that solo thru-hiked the trail) Jean Ella and Cynthia Stockwell thru hiked as team. Everyone loves and values the guy hikers of '77 but what about the women who did the trail the year before?  In every field women disappear out of history because of decisions that an author makes. I don't want this to happen in what we do. Jean Ella and Lynn Wisehart went on to hike the CDT a couple of years later. That's in the '70s everybody!!! As someone who didn't hike it until '96 I can't even imagine how difficult that was. Jean Ella gave a wonderful slideshow at the Gathering a few years ago.
Marmot
Sent from my iPhone