[pct-l] Kennedy M to Lone Pine

timpnye timpnye at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 13:45:27 CDT 2016

Water report.
I did that part of the trail two weeks ago. Water sources are sparse. Kern at the swallow bridge barely flowing and only in stretches. Cow water, heavily used in what pools are there. Was a brief flow one spot on cow Creek. I'm not sure you could count on either. The spring 15 miles up the trail is still flowing, but it took me a long time even though I'd had no trouble a few years ago. There was a stream/spring flowing a mile and a half before that, that I wouldnt pass by. After that Trail Pass to campground is your next water. Bring enough carrying capacity.

-------- Original message --------From: Brick Robbins <brick at brickrobbins.com> Date: 8/8/16  11:34 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: PCT List <pct-l at backcountry.net> Subject: Re: [pct-l] Kennedy M to Lone Pine
Here is an Idea.

Drive to KM, and leave your car.

Yogi a ride down to 395 by using your winning smile and asking people.
Star early enough to make sure you arrive in Pearsonville in time for
your reservation on the Easter Sierra Express, that you have emailed
ahead to arrange a pickup. Unless of course, the ride you Yogi-ed is
going north to Lone Pine. I have had much more success asking people
face to face for rides, than hitch hiking. Since "9 mile road" from
395 to KM is the difficult part to get a ride, I would suggest using
the "face to face" option in KM. There is more traffic up and down the
hill out of Lone Pine so it is less of a problem.

http://www.estransit.com/routes-schedule/395-routes/mammoth-lakes-to-lancaster/

Then from Lone Pine, hitch up the hill to the pass, and start walking

When you arrive in KM, your car will be waiting