[pct-l] Oregon??

Dennis Phelan dennis.phelan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 15:47:01 CDT 2016

Having lived in Oregon for the last 70 years and having hiked the Oregon
PCT, I suggest you drive to timberline lodge (mile 2094), park your car and
hike south.  You will encounter snow at the beginning, but very soon it
will be dry trail until going over the ridge before Jefferson Park (Mile
2033 - there is always snow there).  Your next opportunity (except for
spotty patches) could be 3 fingered Jack at mile 2005.  After that you are
entering the 3 sisters area which can have snowy patches. you can get off
at Bend and get a ride back to PDX.