[pct-l] Gear to trail

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 10:40:26 CDT 2016

I always use my backpack as carry on, a ULA Circuit is the perfect size,
and keep in it anything that can't easily be replaced, or is really
expensive, i.e. tent minus stakes, sleeping bag, stove minus fuel, maps and
guides, water filters, clothing etc.  Several friends have had their
luggage lost,  by Greyhound and airlines, and replacing the hard to get
stuff is just too much, takes too long and is expensive.  I then pack a
box, or an old piece of throw away luggage with my poles, knive and any
other stuff that would make the backpack too big for carryon.  At the
airport, I throw the box or luggage away and I'm good to go.

Shroomer