[pct-l] Missing On PCT Oregon //// Re: Pct-L Digest, Vol 100, Issue 19

jcil000-hiker at yahoo.com jcil000-hiker at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 13:48:31 CDT 2016

I don't want to bore folks by beating the dead horse (to use anold expression)... So please excuse me on this.
But while doing some additional reading about missing / never foundhikers I came across this one fellow who was on / near the PCT inOregon a few years ago. Never found despite two different searches. 52 years old, previous exposure to the area, and hiking experience.
Navigation skills ARE necessary. Getting off the trail can end up like this guy.He's part of that list I posted recently where documented cases of over 200 missinghikers in Oregon are a warning to learn navigation.
Year-later search fails to find missing Mt. Jefferson hiker

|   |
Year-later search fails to find missing Mt. Jefferson hiker
 By KTVZ Sunday marked the one-year anniversary of the day hiker Ronald Olm of Portland went missing in the Mt. Jefferson...  |   |