[pct-l] JMT Yo-Yo & Karen's Hero

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Apr 13 12:26:19 CDT 2016

Sabrina wrote: I'm having the best time reading these posts and soaking in the wit and wisdom of you experienced PCTers. You all seem like such a fun and helpful group. I can't wait to get out there next season for my first section hike. Hopefully I will have the pleasure of meeting some of you in person!  Get well soon Switchback! My warranty ran out last year when I turned 40 so I'm getting a taste of the betrayal! Et tú Brute??! Life is too short to be boring though so let's keep doing adventurous crap, even if it's slow and/or painful!! Better than sitting in a chair watching tv!!
Switchback replies: Thanks for the good wishes.  Remember, youth is wasted on the young.  I know getting back on the trail even at a modest pace will be about all I will ever be able to do.  Plus, I do not know how many days on the trail I will be able to handle, but that is okay with me.  If I can just get back out to the Sierras on a trail that would be heaven.  When I was in the rehab hospital learning how to walk again, I said to myself if I ever can train for hiking again, I will not just have memories.  I will be out there banging the trail again no matter how modest the adventure.  So far, so good with my 45-minute morning training hikes and indoor pool exercises.