[pct-l] JMT Yo-Yo & Karen's Hero

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Apr 13 04:20:50 CDT 2016

Snow Bunny Reinhold wrote: BTW Switchback...my time for the JMT was 5 days 10 hrs in 2003 and 5 days 7 hrs in 2004,...not just over 4 days. But that was when I was still a young 62 & 63...I don't know if I could still do that now at 75.
Switchback replies: Thanks for the good wishes on the double knee replacement.  And I have made a correction to my hiking PPT program slide on your actual time doing the JMT.  That was some accomplishment.  Truthfully, I would like to do Mt. Whitney this August.  And also do 3-days of modest walking and camping on the PCT may be this May or June.  I know the perfect area out of Tuolumne Meadows and Lyle Canyon.  My base pack weight should be around 12-13 pounds (with a Big Agnes Fly Creek Platinum 2 tent) and 23 pounds total with a few liters of water.  Luxury gear and camping - no problem for a 69 year old senior?