[pct-l] plantar fasciitis

Shaun Sexton sesexton at gci.net
Sat Apr 2 15:18:41 CDT 2016

A nurse friend who hikes and runs marathons recommend John Vonhoff's "Fixing
Your Feet: injury prevention and treatments for ATHELETES" to me a year or
so ago.  After reading a borrowed copy, I decided its value warranted
purchasing it and adding it my reference library.  I find it helpful for
many conditions I encounter as I age reluctantly and not-so-gracefully.

After bouts of PF in both feet I went with custom orthotics 15 +/- years
ago.  No recurrence of PF since.  Wear one pair of them while hiking and
include a second in my bounce box as back-up and to help with switching
between trail runner and boots as needed. Wear a pair with any footwear, but
sandals.  I don't go barefoot anymore even around the house and I use  good
quality sandals with high arch support.

The aforesaid book by John Vonhoff is published by Wilderness Press .  ISBN
-13 is 978-0-89997-638-9.  Look for it at your local library!

Over.

sES