[pct-l] Cooking System and Fuel

Roger Norton norts60 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 1 21:31:36 CDT 2016

I like to stop for a cup of coffee at breakfast , dinner and may have a cooked lunch( ie have my main meal then) and another coffee. 5 mins per boil, at least 3 boils a day. 15 mins per day.  I did the AT in 159 days. Rough estimate 148 days(on trail) =   about 37 hours of boiling time. That's  nearly 4 days of hiking waiting for a slow stove to boil for me.
When I am tired , cold and wet and it is raining  I dont want to be waiting for something hot.  I get to camp , tent up , into sleeping bag, and get the jet boil going in the vestibule.
Taz