[pct-l] Dinsmore's mailing address for 2016......

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Wed Sep 9 16:05:12 CDT 2015

​We didn't have very good luck with hikers mailing their resupply boxes
correctly to the Dinsmore's Hiker Haven this year. Being Jerry had open
heart surgery a year ago.....we changed our mailing instructions to UPS and
FED X only......so that he or I wouldn't have to carry home 700+ heavy
resupply boxes. Over half of the hikers decided it was too much trouble to
use the correct address. You mailed boxes via USPS to Skykomish (9 miles
away), to the Baring Post Office and to the Gold Bar Post Office (13 miles
away). You decided if you mailed your hundreds of boxes to the post offices
that they would be delivered to our home by the Post Office delivery truck.
NOPE.....none of us have home delivery. You still made us carry your boxes.
That was the final straw.

As of the 2016 hiker season....WE WILL ACCEPT NO HIKER MAIL AT OUR HOUSE.
All hiker mail will be General Delivery, Skykomish, WA. 98288. DO NOT
address anything to the Dinsmore's. It will be returned to sender.

We also have a new rule of NO ALCOHOL OF ANY KIND on our property. If it is
so important that you drink when you are taking a ZERO then you need to
take that ZERO in Skykomish. All of our problems happen when hikers get
together and drink too much.

This is our home which we invite you to visit while you get ready for your
last leg of your 2660 mile hike. We are not a party house. You've had 4-5
months to party everywhere else.

Please respect our rules and our home......as we would respect your home.

Andrea and Jerry Dinsmore