[pct-l] eTrails

Susan Virnig susan at newstories.org
Wed Oct 7 12:30:55 CDT 2015

I’m writing in to share how much I use and appreciate eTrails.  It combines some of the best of the old Wilderness Press guidebooks — cool information on botany, geology, history, ecosystems, etc. — with up to date topo maps, great info on water, places to stealth camp, and lots of handy features, including tons of photos.

eTrails is particularly good for us section hikers, as mileage is counted from the beginning of each section, which I find much easier to use than mileage from Campo. I’ve hiked in an unbroken line from Manning Provincial Park to Burney Falls State Park, just under 1300 miles, and eTrails is my trusty guide.  Thanks to the person who created it!

—Susan from Spokane