[pct-l] Planning for PCT 2016

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 7 11:18:40 CDT 2015

It's too early to tell where you can start. Set up a few plans. You need to see what the winter brings. If you buy food as you go, you will be able to start anywhere. Looking at a thru compared to a MYTH--those are all just feelings and fantasy. Having hiked the trail both ways I know that once you are out there the trail will take over and make your experience personal and remarkable ---if you allow it to. Each step is important.
In May you might start in Big Bear or Idyllwild and hike to the Sierra. Then it's possible you could go forward to the Oregon border and hike as far north as you can. The other spot you might jump forward to could be Donner Pass. Maybe hike northern Calif and let Oregon melt out a bit.
Marmot

Sent from my iPhone