[pct-l] Update on Lake Fire Closure, Section C

Maxine Weyant weyantm at msn.com
Mon Oct 5 15:56:48 CDT 2015

Just spoke with the Mill Creek Ranger Station.  The Lake Fire closure, which extends from the San Bernardino NF border at MP 234.5 of the PCT to Onyx Summit, MP 252.1, will likely remain closed until next year.  It's not even up for review until July 2016.  Currently, there are still small active fires (smoldering stumps, etc. that suddenly light up.)

The implications for 2016 Thru-hikers may be a substantial re-route of that entire portion between I-10 and Onyx Summit.  I'd like to know what this year's hikers have been doing, hitching from I-10 up to Big Bear, or what?

Dys-feng shui-nal