[pct-l] (no subject)

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 18:32:00 CST 2015

Wayne is having trouble "replying to all" who have commented on his
question but he thanks everybody.  He's asked me to post this bit of
information and thanks.

Shroomer

Hi Scott..

Still trying to reply to all...Perhaps you can pass on this email to the
others who have been so very kind to respond to me..

Im keen to hike as much as i can when over there...My time line is i will
take time off work mid next year (self employed).

Im an open book at this stage and short of hopping on a plane mid next year
im pretty much keen to go where ever people suggest...as long as im hiking
im happy :)

Im keen to at least look at starting Mexico and moving North from there..I
do tend to hike at a steady pace, but not doing this for any speed records,
i want to do it once and do it right, as my plan after that is Russia and
Iceland etc.

Ive just spent 4 years hiking pretty much 90% of Australia including
Tasmania, including half of the Simpson Desert (solo but with a 4x4 backup
supporting me). My support 4x4 had to return home for family reasons, and
as much as i wanted to keep going, im no fool, so stopped there and
returned back with them....Then headed to Tassie and done pretty much all
of the hikes there, and i must say...EPIC..such an experience and amazing
time and met so many cool people on the tracks.

Ive spent my whole life (when not sailing) in the mountains and on the vast
majority of the trails in NZ, so if you name them chances are i have done
it at some point in my life..

After returning to NZ winter last year i worked as a remote trekking guide
in National Park, and did a number of hikes/guides in and around the
Tongariro National Park.

I di prefer my solo hikes, however again no fool when it comes to safety of
myself or others, Im no loner, however from time to time i do like to be
alone and enjoy this beautiful world we are all so blessed with.

I was looking at doing the newish Te Aroha trail..(the one that covers the
length of NZ ) However having a look at it to be honest having done most of
the tracks on it, id probably only look at doing the south island bit of
the trip. Having hiked overseas for the last 4 years ive been biten by that
bug....NZ tracks will always be here...NZ will always be home, so i can go
back and do them after im too old to travel overseas and do epic hikes in
different countries. ( The NZ link below.)

http://www.teararoa.org.nz/

So im keen to do as much as i can when im there for sure...and welcome to
hike both solo and with someone, if there are any takers...

I have alot of experience from NZ point of view so i cant see too much in
the way of differences from the way you all do things in the USA. However
im always very open to learn new tricks of the trade thats for sure.

Thanks to all for welcoming me and chatting to me on this....im very
grateful.