[pct-l] campfires

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Mon May 18 16:49:17 CDT 2015

You folks that insist on having a camp fire or use your cook stove where
you shouldn't...... apparently don't care if you burn the
forests.....peoples homes....kill people and animals ??? Do you think you
being a smart A-- is cool in front of your buddies ??  A burn ban is just
that. Whether you find it convenient or not.  It's to save the forest,
people's lives....their homes. All you hikers need to police the other
hikers. It could save something from burning or someone getting killed. You
all know how dry it is out there this year. Every time I read a journal
that talks about a camp fire where it shouldn't be makes me want to throw
up. We lost 3 towns in eastern Washington last year to wild fires. Over 300
homes. One of the homes belonged to a thru hiker.....burned to the ground.

Just because you are a thru hiker......you still aren't entitled to
anything. Especially opting to burn everything up.

Andrea Dinsmore
PCT MOM
Skykomish/Baring, WA.