[pct-l] alternative to endangered frog detour

Ed Jarrett edjarrett at msn.com
Thu May 14 09:27:33 CDT 2015

I did the road walk and it was really not that bad, at least on a weekday. There was very little traffic, although I am told it picks up a lot on the weekend. There were few places with no shoulder and that was often solved by crossing the road.  Additionally,  I found that many hikers continued the road another couple miles, to Cloudburst Summit, to skip 6 miles of detour/trail.