[pct-l] Section I shuttle

julia at haskinphoto.com julia at haskinphoto.com
Wed May 6 16:56:47 CDT 2015

Hello -

It looks like there might be a way to do it by bus.

Once in Snoqualmie, catch the 208 bus at Railroad Ave SE & SE Newton St to Issaquah Transit Center ([ http://metro.kingcounty.gov/schedules/208/n0.html) ]( http://metro.kingcounty.gov/schedules/208/n0.html) ). It runs about once every two hours (!) from 6:15 am to 7:30 pm.

From there, you can catch the 554 bus to Seattle (http://www.soundtransit.org/Schedules/ST-Express-Bus/554?dir=inbound ), though I think it may be a different company running it and therefore a separate ticket to buy. The 554 runs about every half-hour, it seems.

There apparently used to be a bus - 215 - that was a commuter-hours bus along I-90 from Snoqualmie all the way through to Seattle, but that seems to have been stopped last autumn.

Hope this helps - this was actually a good exercise for me, because I'm thinking about doing Section J later this summer, and I'll need to know how to get to the trail, too!

-J

My wife and I live in Portland and we're planning to hike section I (White Pass to Snoqulamie Pass) this August. I have transportation to White Pass figured out but am coming up blank at Snoqualmie. Greyhound doesn't stop and there isn't any local bus service. Does anyone have any info on shuttles?

Thanks