[pct-l] How's your hammock hanging?

Ed Jarrett edjarrett at msn.com
Fri Mar 20 08:14:28 CDT 2015

I am section hiking the PCT and have used a hammock for everything north of Sierra City without any problem.  Last year I did south of Big Bear City and took a tent because I was pretty apprehensive about finding a place to hang.  I found there were occasional spots that were hangable, but most places I stayed had no trees to speak of.  But the weather was mild and the bugs minimal, so cowboy camping was pleasant.  So long as you are using a pad rather than an underquilt, and know how to 'go to ground' should the weather be inclimate and there are no trees, you should be able to get by.  That being said, I plan on using a tent for Big Bear to Kennedy Meadows next month.

Ed Jarrett (Eeyore)A Clay Jar: http://aclayjar.blogspot.com/  Twitter: https://twitter.com/EdJarrett53 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ed.jarrett.71