[pct-l] Section hikers need advice re: starting north of Sonora Pass in early- or mid-May

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Mon Mar 16 19:21:46 CDT 2015

Just keep in the back of your mind that the sierra is about two months ahead
of season, at least with regards to the amount of snow covering trails, so
don't be too surprised if Sonora Pass (and Tioga?) open up two months
earlier than after a "normal" winter!

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education, Inc.
www.mountaineducation.org
ned at mountaineducation.org

Mission:
"To minimize wilderness accidents, injury, and illness in order to maximize
wilderness enjoyment, safety, and personal growth, all through experiential
education and risk awareness training."