[pct-l] Canister Availability

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Sat Mar 14 08:19:42 CDT 2015

> Does anyone know of a resource that has a list of all the resupplies where fuel canisters are available?

Yes.

Below is a link to a list (original by Paul Bodnar) updated in December, 2014, by "Early B", that was posted
here on pct-l in December and same link was provided in the recent pct-l "Fuel" thread postings (same list
has appeared on many other PCT forums & Facebook pages, too)...  I have 'heard' of a few additional
locations, also, but cannot personally confirm - but finding canister fuel is no longer a serious problem as it
was in the past...  Please remember that a location being listed does NOT guarantee that canister fuel will
be available - they might be sold out!
More locations along the PCT have begun carrying canister fuel as many thrus are switching from alcohol
stoves to canister stoves (or eating "cold"), especially during the extended drought conditions out West -
but PLEASE note that I am NOT trying to start a heated 'discussion' regarding what stove type is best!  ;-)
<http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/2014-December/075658.html>

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)