[pct-l] Homeless vs Thru-Hiker

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Mar 12 10:01:36 CDT 2015

Snow Bunny JMT Unsupported Reinhold wrote: So you see, besides "Gortex,"  this is how you tell a "Homeless" from a "Thru-hiker"......Homeless are usually cleaner, better dressed, less
malnourished and more normal looking.  BTW...they also always appreciate hand outs and assistance and never take them for granted, like a few of our "Thru-hiker" friends do.
Switchback replies: Unfortunately, I think you are right about too many hikers not being polite or grateful for help along the trail.  I think it has something to do with our "you owe me" society today.  Also, I think that Trail Angels dropping out of the community has something to do with this attitude of entitlement.  Very sad.