[pct-l] PCTHYOY ?

Nathan Dreon ndreon at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 16:31:50 CDT 2015

Hi All,

I told my daughter I was interested in hiking parts of the PCT and to help find my way when I inevitably get lost I have a compass and paper maps.  She was concerned that these tools might fail me at a critical moment so she gave me an enormous iPhone as a backup.  She also wants a phone call or two from any towns I might wander into.

I know nothing of smart phones or apps so she installed Halfmile's app and copied all of the halfmile pfd maps into the phone, this used up approximately .5% of the phone's memory.

To use a little more of that memory I was hoping to install the PCTHYOH app and then figure out what else I might put on it.

A little searching brought me to Rambling Hemlock's blog and links to apps on this page:
http://ramblinghemlock.blogspot.com/2014/08/apps-for-long-distance-backpacking.html
Here I found a link to PCTHYOH:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pcthyoh/id461413265?mt=8

The error I get is:Item Not available
I tried searching for for PCTHYOH in iTunes and found nothing.  I can find Halfmile's pct app, I can also find eTrails so I think I am searching correctly.

Can someone tell me if I should do something different to get PCTHYOH or if I should stop trying?
Thanks,
Nathan