[pct-l] Trail Shirt: Silk or Synthetic or ?

Benoit Ballester senasplage at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 07:13:27 CST 2015

Dear Michael,

I would definitely not use synthetic for obvious smelly reasons. All my synthetic shirts/t-shirts simply smell very bad as soon as I use them. I now stopped buying synthetic base layers for all my sports  (hiking, running, trail running, skiing), and am gradually switching to wool.

I have been hiking/skiing/running in Icebreaker merino wool t-shirt for a few years now, and I have been totally converted.
You can wear the same merino wool shirt for days, and it won’t skink (well at least not as bad as synthetic).

If you don’t like Tshirts, I am sure (hope) they are shirts made of light merino wool.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ben