[pct-l] first pair of shoes

Dan Welch welchenergy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 06:04:51 CST 2015

I used running shoes and switched to trail running shoes (Saucony) for the
Sierras.  I replaced my first pair of shoes in Tehachapi.  Last year was a
low snow year, but We got a significant late snow (May 18th) in the Sierras
and I hiked in my trail runners through miles of continuous snow.  I have no
regrets about the shoe choice and would not change it if I did it again.

Timberline