[pct-l] first pair of shoes

Brian Watt bwatt at 1fifoto.com
Sun Mar 1 21:27:57 CST 2015

Sid,
1. When did you wear out your first pair of shoes? I replaced my first
pair in Agua Dulce at the Saufley as part of a resupply.
2. How many miles? I typically got about 400-500 miles per pair. I used
5 pairs of shoes for the thru-hike.
3. What kind (brand) of shoes? I used Brooks Cascadia v8 and v9 trail
running shoes.
4. Did you use (or wish you would have) different shoes in the Sierra?
No, last year was a low snow year in the Sierra so although I had to
tromp through miles of snow due to a late season snow storm about May
22-23 they were all that I had so I dealt with it. They were wet many
times due to snow or stream crossings, but they typically dried quickly.
I also wore Kahtoola MICROspikes as I climbed the passes and crossed the
largest snowfields.
Sincerely,
Tartan PCT 2014