[pct-l] All things Southbound / Roll Call

Paint YW paintyourwagonhikes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 21:24:27 CDT 2015

Greetings All,

I am seriously contemplating lining up on the northern border on or about
July 8th, for an epic southbound journey, due to languishing in my home
state of IL,  for far too long this spring/summer.

The purpose of my post is to strike up a conversation with any current
south-bounders, to find out who they are and when they started, and where
they are on the trail... or when they are starting, and to get any last
minute updates for the northern Cascades, or tidbits of info. or advice.
Any and all or welcome to chime in. FWIW: This is my fourth consecutive
year to be hiking the trail as a wannabe thru hiker.

I am looking for help in getting from SEATAC airport to either Rainy Pass,
or better yet- Harts Pass, whether that is by being dropped off at the
confluence of WA 20 and the PCT, or into Mazama... hopefully to get a ride
out of Goat's Beard, by some kindred angelic local.

As Mick Jagger might say- get your hiking ya' ya's off!

Thanks,

PaintYW

PS

Ice axe?